Saturday, May 21, 2011

McKynlee missing her Grandpa Rob







I wanted to share this little story of my Sweet Mckynlee.. I think every time i think about her and this story i will cry...





A about a month ago i was trying to get a hold of Opal on Robs old cell phone and on his answer machine he says his name on it. So i hardly ever let it got to the voice mail.. cause it is still really hard to hear.. But i asked Kynlee do you wanna hear Grandpa Rob and so i let her hear his voice explaining to her that he had done that when he was alive. Well not knowing how it affected her. I got a call from my sweet Mother in-law Opal telling me that McKynlee had been leaving Rob messages on his answering machine talking to Rob.. I thought how sweet not know the depths of it. When we had showed up at Opals she let us hear this messages that she had left 4 messages. Crying asking why he left and how she misses him begging him to come back.. How my heart broke in 2 listening to my little Mckynlee so upset that she had lost such an awesome grandpa. Someone that loved to spend time with her from eating a tomato like an apple to always riding Tower of Torre with her never say no on that ride i think it was one of there favorites to ride together..Well she had left one more message letting her Grandpa know that her dad had to get 6 stitches and the bull had hurt him.. =) Her little special way of talking to her Grandpa.Keeping tabs on him.. So cute how i love that girl..

2 comments:

jennthegreat said...

So sweet! I'm glad you wrote about this. Makes me want to cry, too. You have very sweet girls.

Jenn said...

Oh that is so cute. And hard too. I think it's good though if it helps her cope. But really hard as a parent to see your child so sad.